I remember going block to block so excited to get to the best places for spooky tricks-n-treats. Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays. I love being frightened and seeing spooky ghosts and goblins walking the streets. My favorite houses always did fun and sometimes scary treats. (Reese’s,handmade cookies,witches brew,brains,spooky popcorn etc…) So as an adult I LOVE making fun Halloween goodies for the munchkins closest to me.
So I thought I might share this cute little treat bag project that I used last year. Last year after seeing all these cute and spooky little treat bags on Pinterest. I decided to try something different and came up with these silly little critters. I made these up last minute last October so I wasn’t able to get these up on my blog. So I have been patiently waiting to write this post.(OK not so patiently..I couldn’t wait until Fall this year!)
These silly Super cute spiders are so easy to make. And so much more fun then a simple treat bag. I just Love there goofy fang-filled grins.
So here’s what you will need to make this little critters:
- Black Tissue Paper
- Hot Glue Gun
- Black Chenille Stems
- Googly Eyes
- Cellophane treat bags
- Twine or twist ties
- white paint pen
- goodies to fill treat bags
To get started:
- Cut circles in cardstock to use as a support base for spider body. I used a small glass and traced around it to come up with my size. Cut as many as you want to make. I made 6 total.
- Cut black tissue paper in half. Now cute in half again. This makes perfect size to cover the treat bag without having excess paper to trim.
- Cut 3 Chenille stems in half you should have 6 legs per treat bag. Do this as many times as needed to get correct amount of legs. Then bend both ends slightly.
- Add circles to bottom of treat bags. This will support the treats you store inside and give you support to attach legs too. Now add treats and tie off with twine or ties. After securing bags cut off excess bag.
- Wrap tissue around treat bag. I wrapped it around top and then taped the tissue to the bottom of bag. (This is also where you will attach legs.) This gives you a nice round top to your spider.
- On the same bottom area,where you taped up tissue, you will hot glue the chenille stems. It will look like this:
- Now set him up on his belly and glue on eyes. Draw him whatever silly face( or spooky) one you want.
That’s it pretty simple this project took me about 35 minutes to make 6. So simple and fun! Now go on make up your own Silly Spider Treat Bags to make for your little ghosts! TRICK OR TREAT!
What’s your favorite treats to do for Halloween. Leave me a message below and if you make these please share with me on Instagram!